Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week of February 18

Week of February 18:

Well, usually this week I would have ridden Riley on Tuesday and Wednesday, and had a lesson on Friday.  Unfortunately, none of that happened!  I have been sick on and off this semester, but last Monday I felt absolutely horrible, and had to call out of work on Tuesday.  I did manage to do night check, but didn't get a chance to ride because I was just feeling so dizzy and achey.  By Tuesday night I was starting to feel better, so I planned on riding Wednesday morning.  So I go to leave, and hello flat tire!!  I was SO disgusted.  Thankfully it was only a $12 fix, but by the time it was all said and done, I didn't have enough time to make it out to ride and get back in time to prepare for my afternoon class  SIGH!

On Friday, I usually have my group lesson with Ali, but I had planned over a month ago to travel to the Heather Blitz clinic at Cutler Farm in Massachusetts.  It was a wonderful learning experience, and I kept joking with the two women that I went to the clinic with about how hard we had "ridden" all those horses all day!  After nearly a week of no riding, it was the icing on the cake, and I was just dying to get back on Riley and get to work.

It seems like my illness is STILL not gone....just when I started feeling better, now it is chest congestion and sinus headaches.  Great!  But I couldn't help but see if I could ride today (Sunday), and Becky said that I could, so I am planning on going soon to ride.  Next week I will ride on Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday if I can), have my lesson on Friday, ride Saturday night, and then have another lesson on Sunday to make up for last week.

So, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment