Monday, February 4, 2013

Practice Ride, Sunday

Today, I rode Riley for my practice ride.  I had a lesson on him on Wednesday, so I wanted to practice some of the things Becky had me working on during my lesson, one of which was a three-looped serpentine at the canter, with no change of leads.  My biggest problem during my lesson on Wednesday was that once I started the first loop of counter canter, I started to tighten in my hips and didn't follow the motion of Riley's canter, which didn't help him at all in carrying on with a nice, fluid canter, or in changing his bend.  Once I was able to follow more through my hips without holding, the counter canter portion of my serpentine improved some.

Anyway, that's one of the major things I tried to replicate during my practice ride.  I found that the same thing happened-- at first I was tight and the counter canter started to fall apart.  Once I was able to stop holding so much, it was better.  

During my next ride, I plan on practicing this more, and also working more on lateral work.



No comments:

Post a Comment